The purpose of the Recycling Center is to have a convenient location for Town of Exeter residents to dispose of household waste and recyclable materials. Due to limited space and the need for all residents to utilize the Recycling Center, please limit the size of your loads each week. This area is for exclusive use of Exeter residents who exclusively reside in the Town, any items from outside of the township are not allowed. Please do not be offended if we ask for your sticker or identification. You must tarp or cover your loads before leaving your residence; this will help prevent garbage from ending up on the roads of Exeter.
Stickers are issued at the Recycling Center. A Town of Exeter Recycling Center sticker is mandatory EVERY time that you come to the Recycling Center! Proof of residence needs to be presented to employee and a sticker may be issued.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Saturdays 8:00 AM ~ 3:00 PM Open to Town of Exeter Residents Only!
RECYCLING IS MANDATORY:
- ABSOLUTELY NO GARBAGE IN RECYCLE BINS!
- NO PLASTIC BAGS IN RECYCLE BINS.
- SEPERATE ALUMINUM CANS. Garbage cans in front of dumpsters are for cans.
- CARDBOARD, PLASTIC BOTTLES, TIN CANS, NEWSPAPER ARE RECYCLABLE
- BREAKDOWN CARDBOARD BOXES
- STYROFOAM IS NOT RECYCLABLE, PLEASE PUT IN GARBAGE DUMPSTERS
- ABSOLUTELY NO RECYCLABLE MATERIAL IN THE GARBAGE DUMPSTERS!
- LIGHT BULBS AND PERSONAL HOME IMPROVEMENT MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS SPACE ALLOWS
- NO CONTRACTOR MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED
- LARGE ITEMS SUCH AS COUCHES, DRESSERS, YARD WASTE, BRUSH ETC WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY AS SPACE ALLOWS.
- PLEASE ASK STAFF WHERE TO PUT THESE ITEMS IF THEY ARE ACCEPTED AND ASSOCIATED FEES.
- METAL ITEMS INCLUDING APPLIANCES ARE ACCEPTED
- PLEASE SEPARATE METAL ITEMS INTO ONE OF THE TWO METAL BINS
- NO FENCING WIRE
- DUE TO TRAFFIC AND OTHER POTENTIAL HAZARDS PLEASE KEEP SMALL CHILDREN AND PETS INSDIE YOUR VEHICLE
- IDENTIFICATION AND/OR PROOF OF EXETER RESIDENCE MAY BE REQUESTED AT ANYTIME
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED:
- SHINGLES, CHEMICALS, ANTI-FREEZE, PAINT, ANIMAL CARCASSES, FENCING, TIRES
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES MAY EXCLUDE YOU
FROM USING THE RECYCLING CENTER!
TOWN OF EXETER LARGE ITEM DROP-OFF PROGRAM
The Town of Exeter Recycle Center is designed to accommodate household garbage and recyclables. Fees will be assessed for disposal of larger items.
Fees to be paid by check at the Recycling Center.
All trash that comes to the Exeter Recycling Center needs to be generated within the Township of Exeter.
The following list is not all-inclusive.
Fee Schedule: $20.00
- Mattresses any size
- Box Springs any size
- Computer monitors of any size
- Love Seats/Couch Sections
- Recliner Chairs
- Carpet per roll
- Playground equipment/swing sets
- TV’s of any size
- Water Heater
- Other items of similar size
ADDITIONAL FEES WILL BE ASSESSED FOR TRAILER LOADS
OVERSIZED ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED (hot tubs, boats, etc...)
We will continue to accept batteries, motor oil and metal items at no charge.
The Recycling Center does not accept: chemicals, tires, paint, brush/lawn clippings, shingles, construction material, contractor waste or animal carcasses.
Inquiries can be made to the Recycle Center Staff, Recycle Center Committee Members, or the Town Clerk.
Suggested places to take items that the Town of Exeter Recycling Center does NOT accept:
Green Valley Disposal
Monroe (608) 325-4146
241 8 W Badger Rd
Madison (608) 273-2500 or 877-969-2783
Clean Sweep/Household Hazardous Waste
2302 Fish Hatchery Rd
Madison (608) 294-5366
Behr Green County Recycling
Monroe (608) 523-2410
Gypsum Recycling Inc (Must be clean - new scraps only)
W2298 Hwy 92
Belleville (608) 424-6280
The Town of Exeter has no affiliation with any of the above listed companies. It makes no guarantee that these companies will accept your items or charge for them.
Used Oil Filters and Absorbents
Used Oil Filters and Absorbents Landfill Ban
2009 Wisconsin Act 86 [PDF exit DNR] bans the landfilling of used oil filters and absorbents as of January 1, 2011.
The ban applies to everyone in the state, including individuals, farmers, businesses, commercial or industrial facilities, and other organizations. The law does not exempt any groups or classes of individuals.
The ban covers two types of materials: used oil filters and used oil absorbent materials.
Used Oil Filters
Used oil filters waiting to be recycled.
Photo: Jack Connelly - DNR
The ban specifically covers filters from motor vehicles. These include oil filters from:
- ATVs and UTVs
Oil filters from other sources, like hydraulic systems and other machinery are not covered under this ban, but we encourage them to be recycled as well.
Used Oil Absorbent Materials
A worker spreads granular oil absorbents.
Photo: David Kendziorski, Stormtech, Inc.
The oil absorbent ban includes materials used to absorb petroleum-derived or synthetic oil that has been used or spilled.
All types of materials used to absorb or contain waste oil are covered under the ban, including:
- granular kitty litter-type absorbents
- oil-dry cloths
- paper toweling
- absorbent pillows, pads and socks
An exception is made in the ban to allow the disposal of up to one gallon of oil absorbent materials from a non-routine spill. A gallon of material is the amount that would fit inside a dry gallon container.
Non-routine spills may include oil that is released when a seal is broken, or when oil is accidentally spilled. Routine spills may include oil that leaks continually while a machine is operating, or oil that leaks each time a frequently repeated operation occurs (such as dismantling a car).
What Should I Do With My Used Oil Filters and Absorbents
Recycling is the preferred method of handling used oil filters and absorbents. Wisconsinites throw away an estimated 187,000 gallons of oil in used oil filters and 1.6 million gallons of oil in oil absorbents. Oil is a valuable, reusable material. Recycling used filters and absorbents preserves oil for reuse.
|Used Oil Filters||Used Oil Absorbents|